Artisha J. Harris-Woody Scholarship
Artisha J. Harris-Woody is a dynamic soror with plenty of that Zeta Zeal.
In 2004, Sorors LaKeisha Coleman, Adellaideh Heard, Crystal Rena Hines, Rahgna Jeanice Preston, Arlinda Traylor and Rashida Wesley expressed an interest in chartering a new graduate chapter in Midwest City, OK. Soror Woody made the proper inquiries and with the expert assistance of State Director Cynthia Marigny and Regional Director Antoinette Gordon gathered all of the required documentation and approvals. When the newly formed Xi Nu Zeta Chapter decided to fund a scholarship, the members unanimously voted that the scholarship would bear the name of our sister; chapter organizer, Artisha J. Harris-Woody.
In order to qualify for the scholarship an applicant:
- Must be enrolled full time (a minimum of 12 hours for an undergraduate student) at an accredited Oklahoma college or university.
- A copy of the current class schedule must be submitted to the scholarship committee for payment of the award.
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Demonstrate a high level of academic, civic, and leadership qualities.
- Provide at least two (2) letters of recommendation that attest to these.
- Provide one (1) OFFICIAL copy of your most recent transcript.
- Provide a brief resume and/or list of honors and activities that demonstrate leadership, academic excellence, volunteerism, religious activities, etc.
- Provide a one (1) page essay on the following:
- The current application period has ended. The application window will reopen in the spring, please check this page for the new essay question.
Please be sure and read the scholarship application terms and conditions.
Complete the scholarship application below and upload your accompanying documents, or download the application and mail it with a self addressed stamped return envelope to:
Xi Nu Zeta Chapter
Attn: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 950793
Oklahoma City, OK 73195-0793
All materials must be submitted by June 30th of the preceding fall school year. Scholarship applications will be reviewed at the July meeting of the scholarship committee. Web applicants will receive their status notification via email unless they mail a self addressed stamped envelope separately.
All official transcripts must either be submitted by mail, or have an official secure electronic link submitted to . Applications submitted by mail require adequate postage. Any application requiring additional postage will be returned to sender. Any incomplete submissions will not be considered.
The award will be presented to the recipient at the annual Xi Nu Zeta Community Picnic in August. The recipient must be present or award is forfeited. Questions should be addressed to Curtesia Plunkett via email at .